so....what now????

stealth bombshell.

Monday, March 12, 2007

"we're just amateur lovers..."

i think i would like to live like a hobbit...at least, in the sense that i want to give presents to all my friends on my birthday instead of them giving presents to me. i think that's a splendid idea from the mind of mr. tolkein. i'm not much for celebrating my own birthday. it's always made me feel awkward, people singing to me and all that. i mean, what are you supposed to do when people are singing happy birthday to you? as a kid i always wanted to sing along...it's more fun to sing than be sung to, i guess. so new rule...from now on we should all sing on our birthdays, instead of being sung to. for that matter, i think all the non-birthday people should be the ones wearing the big silly hats. and boy, would i like to see them blow out all the candles at once. sure, it's easy when you're 4...but once you hit the teens and onward it's not so easy. makes you appreciate the candles shaped like numbers.
you know how i've always wished i could celebrate my birthday? spend the entire day with friends...not because it's "my special day" but because we love each other and want to spend time together. maybe spend part of the day volunteering at a soup kitchen or something. just get the focus off of myself and onto the One it should be on every day.
yeah...that would be an incredible birthday.

i'm rambling now...goodnight.

4 Comments:

At 3/12/2007 08:09:00 AM, Blogger Brent said...

So, what's stopping you from doing that on your birthday?

 
At 3/12/2007 01:43:00 PM, Blogger kaylah said...

psh...i don't know! haha i just felt like sharing the idea.

 
At 3/12/2007 06:30:00 PM, Blogger Samantha Louise said...

Whenever people sing me happy birthday I hide under the table.

Splendid idea of yours!

 
At 3/20/2007 01:53:00 PM, Blogger spartacus21 said...

i like that idea! i know we both feel the same on that one! how do you feel..older? i was in mexico all last week but i want you to know i'm praying for you. love love love. alicia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home