so....what now????

stealth bombshell.

Friday, March 16, 2007

high-school me...needs a good kickin'.

after rereading a lot of them, i am really wanting to burn all of my journals from high school. REALLY. i just...ugh. i was reading them and thinking, "really? are you kidding me?" kind of like how i felt when i went back a few years ago and read my elementary/ middle school journals. now THOSE were funny. funny, yet...embarrassing. slimy, yet...satisfying. haha. no but really, i want to burn them all. even some of the stuff from this year. granted, a few entries pop up every once in a while that at least give credit to the notion that i'm not a completely terrible writer.

but some of the things i wrote just reflect both poor writing skills and poor judgement/rationalization. eugh. i'm ready for a big time poetry burn. now, i know there are some things i should keep. either because they're good or i'll laugh at them later. but i at least want to burn the truly embarrassing stuff. the "why on earth did i write this down?" stuff. some of my thoughts just weren't meant to be shared with the rest of the world.

3 Comments:

At 3/17/2007 09:07:00 AM, Blogger Brent said...

Everyone who writes a great deal (journals, blogs, whatever) experiences that exact same reality. It happens to me about once every three months or so. I wonder what the emotion would be if I actually went through with it...

 
At 3/19/2007 05:16:00 PM, Blogger Free and Living said...

kaylah, i completely understand because my middle school journals crack me up, but some of my entries from a year ago, i roll my eyes at and say, "are you kidding me?"

 
At 3/19/2007 05:47:00 PM, Blogger Samantha Louise said...

I feel the same way.. I have about 20 journals from highschool. And they all talk about my latest crush and depression. Lol.

So sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home