so....what now????

stealth bombshell.

Thursday, May 03, 2007

"I have to say the words I fear the most: I just don't know."

This is a song that i was listening to randomly today and...well, even though i've heard it dozens of times it just struck me today because, well, it's true. (oh, and uh, warning: there's a bit of my usual rambling in here too. sorry bout that. haha)

And the pain falls like a curtain On the things I once called certain
And I have to say the words I fear the most: I just don’t know.

And the questions without answers Come and paralyze the dancer
So I stand here on the stage afraid to move
Afraid to fall, oh, but fall I must
On this truth that my life has been formed from the dust

God is God and I am not
I can only see a part of the picture He’s painting
God is God and I am man
So I’ll never understand it all, For only God is God

And the sky begins to thunder
And I’m filled with awe and wonder
‘Til the only burning question that remains Is: who am I?

Can I form a single mountain? Take the stars in hand and count them?
Can I even take a breath without God giving it to me?
He is first and last before all that has been, Beyond all that will pass

Oh, how great are the riches of His wisdom and knowledge!
How unsearchable! for to Him and through Him and from Him are all things...

So let us worship before the throne Of the One who is worthy of worship alone!
--Steven Curtis Chapman

God reminded me today...as He oh so often does...that He is just...well, God. i'm not sure how to articulate it. He's just sovereign. and faithful...and even though He has revealed so many of His characteristics to me over and over again, i'm still speechless and amazed each time His glory is revealed. ha...i guess i make it sound like that's a bad thing. it's so not. it's amazing...i mean, it's sad that i forget who He is sometimes...but it's so incredible that He never ceases to bring me to my knees, at a loss for words.
that exact thing happened today. no words. nothing. just amazed. i think i wouldn't mind one bit if that happened even more often. i kinda need it. well, He knows what i need...i'm not all that concerned about it...He'll provide. agh. i love Him!

weird thing? i'm so incredibly tired...but then...i'm so not.

2 Comments:

At 5/04/2007 02:46:00 PM, Blogger spartacus21 said...

i think every college student around this time knows how you feel about the sleep!

 
At 5/05/2007 07:15:00 AM, Blogger Brent said...

Have a nap. It don't cost nuthin.'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home