so....what now????

stealth bombshell.

Monday, June 18, 2007

i haven't been so freaked out by a storm since i was 6

so, i love storms. i mean, they're basically amazing. they don't scare me and i sleep right through them.

tonight, not so much.

it was already raining pretty hard with lots of thunder by the time i went to bed, but i fell asleep easily enough. then i got jolted out of a very strange dream by my bed actually shaking with the thunder. i was going to go back to sleep but my heart was beating soooo hard. so i got up and opened my computer, to check one of those nice convenient animated weather maps. i don't think i'll be relying on that website anymore, because all it showed was a small light storm over denton county. of course right after i saw that i heard the tornado/severe weather sirens going off. so i woke my parents and told them, and we brought the dogs inside and went down to the basement to watch the weather channel. we were under a tornado warning and a flash flood warning, but once both were past we came back up to bed.

of course it's just my luck that i can't sleep now. i mean, after being scared awake and having to go deal with my dogs, who were freaking out...my heart is still beating really hard.

agh. oh well. i will be tired tomorrow but at least i'll have a sort of fun story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home