so....what now????

stealth bombshell.

Monday, September 11, 2006

"You're the first, Jesus, by Your hand we move; You're the image of the invisible God"

today was really...difficult.

but no...i was prepared for "difficult". mondays are "difficult" days, they just are with the schedule that i have. but today was different. things were thrown at me that had to be handled without taking a lot of time to do so. and it wasn't a lot of outward stuff...it was inward. stuff i had to deal with, within myself, between me and God. and i just felt like with my schedule being so cram packed the way it was today, i didn't even have time to BREATHE, let alone deal with what was going on in me.

so during my quick break when i should have eaten dinner...it happened to be raining...and it seemed like the appropriate time to just postpone dinner and take that "me and God time". i found me a spot, and sat in the rain. for an hour before my psych class, i just sat, eyes closed, in the pouring rain.

i battled inwardly with some things.

i was just still for a while and listened.

the problems aren't all solved. that doesn't happen from just sitting in the rain.

but God and i are closer from that time that i sat and was still...and handed all of it to Him, and then listened.

and that's really what He wants...for His people to draw near to Him.

at the end of what i would consider my hardest day here yet...i can only count myself blessed. so yeah, i go through trials...God NEVER said i wouldn't. in fact, He said i would. but He also said that i can do all things through Him...and He promised He would never leave me. i'd say that's a pretty sweet deal. to say the least.

"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world." --C.S. Lewis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home