so....what now????

stealth bombshell.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

O to Grace how great a debtor daily i'm constrained to be.

i can't believe this is my first post of the new year--how is it february already?!?! time is flying by way too fast for my liking. there has been SO much on my mind lately, and i wish i could write it all down here. unfortunately i can't...but i'll write a little bit.

yesterday i was struggling with a couple of issues that, in hindsight, seem kind of silly--basically because my mind was completely focused on myself and my plan for how my life should go. but then i got called in to work (i've been working as a substitute caregiver for Weekday Ministries at a local church). they needed me in the crib room yesterday, and i was pretty excited. as always, it was a very enjoyable experience because i completely love those kids.

anyway, moral of the story...i was sitting in a rocking chair holding an eight-week-old girl, and she looked right into my eyes and smiled. and then i started to think: all of these kids were depending on myself and the other worker there to take care of them until their parents showed up. each of them is a gift from God to their parents. i couldn't focus on myself if i wanted to do my job right. i knew, once i started thinking, that in my daily life i have been focusing on myself far too much.

so i've been reflecting on all of this since that moment. i'm trying to realign my focus on Christ and i'm trying to remember His plan is better. and, well...that's me right now. to write what's been going on in my life for the past month would take forever, but that's what i'm going through today.

2 Comments:

At 2/09/2008 09:55:00 PM, Blogger Deleted said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2/09/2008 09:56:00 PM, Blogger Deleted said...

It's great that you're helping out there! I almost feel a wave of homesickness, for that first time I felt that feeling you're feeling, one I learned within the walls of the CBC nursery toddler room; nothing can replace that. And i KNOW this year has been CRAZY, it's gone by so quickly! Hope you're still enjoying Sam!
P.S. I'm at SAM now Tuesdays and Thursdays with a three hour lunch break; if you want to meet anytime between 11 and 2 pm, call me! (if you need my number just email me, BeSaltMatt513@juno.com)

**I wrote that first comment and had to delete it because I noticed I put YOUR instead of YOU'RE, and it bothered me enough I had to fix it. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home