so....what now????

stealth bombshell.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

"such a reckless wave, drowning in wonder..."

i know it's only october but...

winter is coming. i can feel it, taste it, smell it, breathe it...it's coming. there is just something familiar and comfortable about winter. especially this year...normally i'm kind of a grinch but i guess my heart multiplied in size over the past year. or, you know, i might just be happy it's winter. either way.

...the cold air is lovely. somehow it makes everything smell pleasant and makes me want to drink hot cocoa by the fireplace.
...i'm excited about wearing sweaters...especially the ones whose sleeves cover your hands halfway, so you can pull the ends around your hands if they get cold.
...i'm pretty sure that no matter how old i get, i will always think it's funny when i can see my breath on the cold air.

i love winter. i'm just so ready for it...it feels like something new is beginning, and that excites me. and trust me, that's a weird thing for me to say, because i'm usually Queen of the Change-Haters. i never was a big fan of newness...you know, comfort zones and all that. we all have them. but this year i like change, and i want something new, and i'm ready to be radically moved by Christ.

have i mentioned i'm ready for winter? cause i totally am.

1 Comments:

At 10/26/2007 07:29:00 AM, Blogger Brent said...

My first sign that I believe winter is approaching: Calling the firewood guy to bring the winter supply. Haven't done it yet. But, I'm looking for that business card with his number on it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home