so....what now????

stealth bombshell.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

"she never flaunts it but she is the envy of the debutantes"

i don't think it's ever been more real to me that God is my best friend. people say it in church all the time, like, "yeah, Jesus is my home boy!" or, "God's my BFF!!"...or whatever it is they say...
but, i mean...He really is. because whether you like it or not, there will be times when He's the only one you can talk to. and i'm also pretty confident that He gives the best advice. and being silent before Him can say more than all the words floating around in your mind. you can go to Him in any situation, whether you need to rejoice or mourn or dance. He knows you completely. you can tell Him anything. He loves you no matter what. He'll never leave your side.
and those are just a few reasons.

i guess i've been thinking about this a lot lately because i haven't really had a "best friend" in my life lately...at any given time in my life, i've usually had at least one person that i felt comfortable going to with any situation. right now i don't, really. not to say that i don't have great friends...i have AMAZING friends. and they love me and would sit with me if i needed to cry, or talk, or whatever. i'm extremely grateful for them, and i believe that i am very blessed indeed. but my point is...unlike times in the past, i don't have that one person whose name immediately pops into my head when i need to call someone, or who i hang out with as much as i can, talking about life and God and everything there is to talk about.

so i've noticed a pattern. i'm talking to God more. i don't always rush to pick up my phone and call someone whenever something big happens. more and more, i'm wanting to sit and talk with God...with my best friend. and it's nice to know that, even when i don't have a "BFF!" i still have my best friend.

after re-reading that it sounds kind of cheesy. oh well! it's true. :)

1 Comments:

At 10/12/2007 01:24:00 AM, Blogger spartacus21 said...

oh kayla...i'm glad you've found the best friend ever! i love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home