so....what now????

stealth bombshell.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

what's on my heart today...

...is this:

"Heaven is not here, It's there. If we were given all we wanted here, our hearts would settle for this world rather than the next." -Elizabeth Elliott

i remember a story, and i don't even remember who i heard it from...but there was a couple who had been overseas, for missions i think. they had been gone for a long time. as they arrived back to the States the wife was sad because no one was there to welcome them home...and then her husband said, "it's okay. we're not Home yet."

there's another quote, too, that's brought to mind...by C.S. Lewis. it reads:
"If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world."

yeah....THAT. THAT is what the wondrous Lord is putting on my heart today.

1 Comments:

At 12/01/2006 02:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, i like your heart and what's on it is encouraging. i find as i get older, the more my soul desires to be home. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home