so....what now????

stealth bombshell.

Monday, November 27, 2006

"they say that a journey of a thousand miles starts with the very first step"

this week has been exhausting. i can't say that i exactly got the much-needed rest. so as far as getting some sleep...well...i'll do that later. over christmas, maybe? :) no, but seriously. but today i rest in the Lord, because that is the only place to find the rest i need.

i admit this week i've been pretty weak and lonely. at times i got kind of peeved at my family, which is sad, because all they wanted to do was hang out with me. but i was up to my ears in work and felt like screaming because i just didn't see a way of finishing it all. and what happened? i was so busy worrying i didn't finish. like i said, i didn't let myself rest this week. i also didn't get to see many of my friends, and then only for short periods of time. i pretty much isolated myself. i must say i've been pretty foolish. so, yeah...i'm sorry. i apologize for my foolishness and for keeping myself locked away in my room stressing about homework.

on a lighter note...our family had a lot to be thankful for this year. i mean, a lot. yes, there is always plenty to be thankful for. but we have really been blessed in our circumstances...my father has been through nothing short of a miracle. my mother is recovering from her surgery, slowly. and in so many other ways, we have been truly blessed. sure, we are not through some of the storms yet. but we have been delivered through storms before and will be delivered again. so, yes, my family and i are very thankful. and always will be.

praise God that He continues to bring people into my life who encourage me in my walk, and who i can be glad to have spent this part of the journey with. can't wait to see where i have left to go.

2 Comments:

At 11/27/2006 09:01:00 AM, Blogger Brent said...

Yeah, your family has been through a lot in the last few months. Hang in there.

 
At 11/28/2006 05:10:00 PM, Blogger spartacus21 said...

i wish i could've seen you but i understand about the homework. time time to hang out with friends as a break from studying. it will be more beneficial i promise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home