so....what now????

stealth bombshell.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

ok so i'm back from pine cove!! it was amazing and incredible and completely indescribable. God moved in my heart so much this week. as i had hoped, this week away was exactly what i needed. Brent, i am most definitely out of the funk.

God has been pursuing me always, and recently i have been walking in the other direction. but the bible studies we did at pine cove, among some amazing conversations and experiences, helped me turn around. yes, this is only the beginning of a radical movement in my heart. God has already changed me so much in one week. i never would have thought it possible, but He has. and it's not a "camp high"... i can tell the difference by now. it's me genuinely giving my heart to Him that He might mold it. i can only hope and pray that i will grow stronger in my passion for the Lord and not stray from the path that He has me on right now. praise Him, for He is worthy of all praise!!

on a side note, i did a few things this week that i would never have thought i could do. first of all, i sang on stage...in front of 300 people...alone. no accompaniment, nothing. scary. second, i danced...i never dance. not even at pine cove. but this week, i danced. third, i shared my heart with said group of 300 people. lastly...i bawled like a baby for the past three days. you see, i have been sort of emotionally numb while in this whole funk, and when i began to break that barrier i just cried. actually it was more like weeping. and it was in public...and even though i have cried in public a few times this year, i have never cried that much. the girls in my cabin this week became as much of sisters to me as many of my friends here at home. oh, and i most definitely will be at least applying for a job at pine cove next summer.

"All of You
Is more than enough for
All of me
For every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
And all I have in You
Is more than enough

More than all I want
More than all I need
You are more than enough for me
More than all I can know
More than all I can say
You are more than enough."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home